Manage system specific settings, these are per environment.
- Name: Name your Application
- Help URL: When users click the help button this is where they'll be directed.
- Startup: Set startup conditions for the DataVoke application.
- User Extension: Select record types to use in creating user records and credentials
- Email Extension: Select record types and properties to use when generating email notifications
- Data Retention: Enable and set status used when deleted records are retained in the system.
- Security: Set length of time a session will remain open.
- Theme: Create a set the application theme.
- Package Pickup: Set the package token and package pickup.
The Startup settings are used to set the environment immediately after a login.
- Startup View (Online): This view will be launched and hidden after user login. The view will still execute it's onOpen action chain. In this way, variables can be initialized and additional views can be launched that are displayed.
- Hide Home Screen on Start: The Home Screen is no longer used and should remain hidden.
The User Extension settings are used to identify a record type that will store additional detailed information for each user account, beyond that contained in the built-in user account. The record type defined in this section can be pre-populated from another source. Then, the Create User Accounts button can be used to generate those user accounts with default passwords. The specific settings in this section are explained below:
- User Record Type: The record type that will be storing additional detailed information for each user account.
- Login Property: The property associated with the User Record Type that specifies the Login ID for each user.
- Email Property: The property associated with the User Record Type that specifies the email address for each user.
- First Name Property: The propertyassociated with the User Record Type that specifies the user's first name.
- Last Name Property: The propertyassociated with the User Record Type that specifies the user's last name.
- Default Password Property: Set the default password for new accounts and whenever the account is reset.
- Create User Accounts: Clicking on the icon/button will create accounts for all users in the specified User Record Type that have not already been created. A prompt will appear to specify a default password and a default User Group for the user.
Via the Email Extension settings, DataVoke has the ability to send automatic email updates based on status changes. (This is different that emails triggered by the Send Email action) The record type defined for the Email Extension will contain the various email templates available to choose from when tuning statuses. The settings for the Email Extension are explained below:
Email Template Record Type: The record type that is storing the email templates.
- Subject Property: The property associated with the Email Template Record Type that specifies the subject of the email template.
- Content Property: The property associated with the Email Template Record Type that specifies the body/content of the email template.
- Recipients View Property: The property associated with the Email Template Record Type that specifies the ID of the view that is used to retrieve email recipients.
- Static Recipients Property: The property associated with the Email Template Record Type that specifies a static list of recipients to be copied on the email notification.
The Data Retention settings are used when a designer wants to be able to retain all data that has been entered into DataVoke, regardless of whether or not an end user has deleted it. These are system wide settings. Once enabled, the option Include Deleted Records on each view must also be enabled to display deleted records.
- Keep Deleted Records: This is a global setting which, when enabled, will not remove record data from the database, although, "deleted" records may be hidden in a view.
- Deleted Status: The status set here is the status that the Record Code of the deleted record will be set to if the deleted record is set to be visible in a view.
Session Timeout: The length of time (in minutes) that a user is allowed to be idle when logged into DataVoke. Once the timeout is exceeded, the user will be automatically logged out of DataVoke and returned to the login screen.
Themes allow you to control the color scheme of the User Interface. Here you can select from a perviously created theme or create a new one. You can also set a default style to apply to all new conponents.
To learn more see the article on UI Theming.
On this tab you can add the Package Token created in another environment to upload into your application.
To learn more see the article on Packaging.