See how fast and easy it is to generate solutions in DataVoke.
Watch this video series to get started.
As a DataVoke Designer you'll see buttons on the left of the screen allowing you to
- Click the plus sign then roll over New Record Type and click. This will open the Edit Record Type view.
- Give your Record Type a name and label then select your icon. Now we'll add the Properties, or fields, to this new record type.
- By default you'll see 'Record Code' added to the Properties list, this can be modified to fit the data you'll store. For basic text properties just title the field and save the property.
In the example below we've created a new Record Type called Customers and added Properties that reflect the data we want to store for our Customers.
Using our new Record Type we'll now create a view and change the view layout.
- Again, click the plus sign, then roll over to New View and click. Next you'll see a list of all the available Record Types in your configuration.
- Select one to use in the new view. Then you'll select which properties/fields you want displayed in your new view.
- Once you've added the properties to the list on the right, using the arrows in the middle, you can Finish & Load the view.
- Start by toggling into design mode using the designer option on the left hand rail. You should see the layout editor pop up on screen.
- Click on the Customer Name property on the right and drag it into the General collapsible group.
- Click the pencil in the blue box to see the details of each property.
Now you can see the properties of the Customer Name field in this specific view.
Edit View Properties
After you close the Column Property box, click in the grid area then click the pencil in the blue box again.
Here you'll start to focus on the purpose of the data and how the users will need to interact with those records in this particular view.
You can also open the customers record type if you want to add properties or modify the record type.