A column property is the representation of a record property in a view. A column property can be filtered, grouped, modified, or augmented, but at the base level it is still a Record Property.
- Column for Property: Indicates the specific Active View Property being tuned. The Edit button on the right hand side will open the Edit Property screen.
- Alias: The column title in a Grid View defaults to the properties name, but can be changed to anything by entering an alternative alias in this column. The alias is specific to each view.
- Filter and Operator Value: These fields can be filled in to generate built-in filters for the view. Remember that not all Active View Properties have to be visible in the view, so you can base a filter on parameters that are invisible to most users.
- Sort: Causes the view to automatically sort in ascending or descending order based on this property.
- Default Width: This sets a default width for the column designated for the property. If you do not set a value the column will automatically expand or wrap the data as necessary.
- Drop-down View: If a property is linked to another view, this will allow a drop-down box to appear for this setting. This drop-down box will contain the name of the view that the property is linked to. If a Property is not linked to another view, then this setting will not be active.
- Grid Summary: This is the aggregate function that will be run for the specified property. This option is to be used in tandem with enabling the Show Summary setting in the View Options section of the Basic Settings tab, which shows the Summary section for the view. Upon selecting an aggregate function, enabling the Show Summary setting, and launching the view, the result of the aggregate function for the property will be shown in the view's Summary section.
- Summary Display: Allows the user to specify a format for the results of aggregate functions that are shown in the Summary section of the view.
- Group Summary: This is the aggregate function that will be run for the specified property, if the Grouped option has also been selected for it. This option is to be used in tandem with enabling the Show Group Summary setting in the View Options section of the Basic Settings tab and selecting the Grouped option mentioned above. Upon properly setting all of these settings and then launching the view, the result of the aggregate function for the property will be shown for each "member" of the grouped property. See the Aggregation section of this documentation for a more detailed description of how a Group Summary works.
- Display Format for Group Summary: Allows the user to specify a format for the results of Group Summary aggregate functions.
- onClick Action: Allows a user to click a property to launch an action in the view.
Column Property Options
- Hidden: If selected, this property will not be visible in the view, but may still be used for sorting or filtering of records.
- Read Only: Makes it impossible to change the value of this property from the view being tuned. Regardless of the user’s permissions or status of that property, it can only be read.
- Grouped: Causes the view to automatically group all records on this property.
- Required for Save: If selected, this property must be filled in for all visible records before data can be saved.
- Can Drill In: When a property is an Analysis Property, a value is created using aggregate functions. This option allows the user to click on a special icon and show the underlying data. This is an option in case the underlying data is sensitive.
- Include File Data: Will download attached file data instead of just providing metadata about the field when the record is downloaded. (Only works on properties set to Attachment as the Data Type)