Statuses are format overlays that can be applied to entire records or individual properties; either automatically or manually. These format overlays are used to control data appearance and behavior within the DataVoke Framework.
- Title: The status name will be used throughout the database to refer to this status, for manual and automatic selection.
- Name: This is the offical name pof the status within the framework.
- ID: The unique ID that each status has. This is unique per database.
- Hint: Intended for supplemental information regarding what the status is for and how it should be used.
- Status Value: Used in Special filters, this is a read only field that displays the Status value on the Status Designer window.
- Label: The label defines a group of statuses. Records can be edited to accept only those statuses with a given label. The label can be selected from a drop-down list here, or a new label can be created simply by typing it in manually.
- Record Status: If any property of a record acquires this status, the status will apply to the entire record and all of its properties, except for properties that are configured to Ignore Record Status.
- Tag: Taging a status allows you to easliy create packages.
- Foreground: Defines the visual formatting of the foreground of the current status.
- Background: Defines the visual formatting of the background of the current status.
- Is Bold: Will visually format the status in bold.
- Locked from User: If selected, the interface will be locked regardless of user write access if a status is set.
- Locked from Data Import: If selected, the value will not be editable (by import only) if a status is set.
The grid displays results of all references to this status throughout the framework.
Learn how to apply Conditional Formatting with statuses.