This action will attempt to download an attachment from the specified property of a selected record to the local computer.
- Any active view property can be selected from the list of Attachment Properties, properties that are not attachment type will always fail and the No Document Chain will be executed.
- Any existing action chain can be selected to be executed in the No Document Chain selection. This action can be recursively called.
- The downloaded file will go to your default web browser downloaded documents location.
Attachment Property: The property on the current selected record where the attachment will be downloaded from.
No Document Chain: An optional action chain that will be executed if the attachment property of the selected record does not have an attachment.
- Once the No Document Chain is executed, the original action chain is broken.
- You can recursively call the Download Attachment action chain from the No Document Chain option. If not done carefully this can lead to a run-a-way action chain.
- This action must be used at the beginning of a chain, and should not be nested.
- This action cannot be used with any view events, must be from a user button click.
- This action cannot be used on a view that has "Checkbox Selection" enabled in the View Interaction section of the view tuner.