See how fast and easy it is to generate solutions in coactive.
As a coactive Designer you'll see buttons at the top of the screen allowing you to
- Click the CREATE button then roll over Table and click. This will open the Table Editor.
- Give your Table a name and Hint, then select your icon.
- Now we'll add Fields to this new Table.
- By default you'll see 'Record Code' added to the Columns list, this can be modified to fit the data you'll store. In some cases an integer column is used to store a serial number that can be used in an expression to build a unique value in the Record Code column.
In the example below we've created a new Table called Customers and added Columns that reflect the data we want to store for our Customers.
Using our new Table we'll now create a Form and change the Form layout.
- Again, click the CREATE button, then click Form. Next you'll see a list of all the available Tables in your configuration.
- Select one to use in the new Form. Then select which columns you want displayed in your new form.
- Add fields to the list on the right using the arrows in the middle.
- Finish & Load the form.
- Start by toggling into Design Mode using the Design Mode button in the top left corner. You should see the rails expand on the right of screen.
- Click on the Customer Name field and drag it into the General collapsible group.
- See the details of each column appear in the rails as you select them.
Now you can see the configuration of the Customer Name field in this specific Form.
Edit Table Columns
After you close the Column editor, click in the grid area then click the Edit Form button in the rail.
Here you'll start to focus on the purpose of the data and how users will interact with records.
You can also open the customers Table Editor if you want to add columns or make other changes.